6/17-18

     This we was a bit rough. It was very warm outside and it is starting to get hard to find activities to do that we had not already done. On Monday we stayed in the house and played games and watched the minions movie. While it is good to keep them busy and active sometimes kids need a movie and game day too. They started acting out a little like telling me no to reading or lying and saying they will read with mom later. I trust these kids because they are very good and nice kids but I learned that they will still try and get away with things. The youngest ended up not reading at all that day. I had no idea and he kept telling me he would read that night and I trusted him and that the mom would take care of it. I learned later that he had been lying because his sister ratted him out. I felt awful that I had not been more firm on making him read. I was also quite upset that the mom had not reached out to me and talked about these concerns but I let it go and we ended up reading that day because neither of us wanted to get in trouble. Fast forward to Tuesday. We had a more fun day. We went to the library and they got seven books total between the both of them. After we saw a cafe and they asked for cake pops so I got three, one for each of us. After I hand them both their treats the oldest goes "we have to keep this a secret from my mom". I was furious. Why would they ask if they know their mom would not let them have it. I should have texted her and asked permission but I didn't so we all let it go. We headed to Scheels where we rode the Ferris wheel and played the shooting game. The week got better and I was very glad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

06/04

06/10-12

7/1-3